Krewe of Boo in the Boo Carre
New Orleans’ Official Halloween Parade!
This spooktcular Halloween event is unlike any other parade in the world and parades through the “BOO CARRE”. It became the official Halloween Parade in New Orleans in 2007.
Krewe of BOO Goes GREEN!
When Brian Kern watched front-loaders scooping up tons of beads from the streets along parade routes in New Orleans, he got an idea. An idea long overdue.
The Kern family has been creating Mardi Gras magic since 1947, and Brian is used to carnival innovations. Since taking the reigns of the exciting New Orleans Halloween parade, the Krewe of BOO, Brian Kern has come up with an innovative solution to the same-old-beads waste problem: Locally-made throws that won’t just be tons of trash to have to clean up after the parade passes by! New Orleans-made food items and local collectible objects parade goers will want to consume or keep as mementos of the exciting new celebration.
- Each rider in the Krewe of BOO will throw – instead of beads:
- 250 Eco Friendly cups from Giacona Container Company (Louisiana made)
- 750 pieces of candy made in the USA
- 100 Pralinettes from Aunt Sally’s (Made in New Orleans)
- 36 PJs Coffee Frac Packs (Made in New Orleans)
- 50 Carmel Corn bags and 50 Chee Wees bags from Elmer’s Fine Foods (Made in New Orleans)
- 50 Zydeco Sweet Potato Nutrition Bars (Louisiana made)
- 25 Candy Corn Necklaces (hand made in New Orleans)
- 25 Voodoo Doll pins (hand made in New Orleans)
- 25 Voodoo Doll magnets (hand made in New Orleans)
- 25 Mixed Children’s Toys Grab Bag from Arc of Greater New Orleans includes stuffed animals, frisbees, cozies, toys and games
This innovation replaces a throws custom that is overdone with a new tradition that is more in keeping with all things New Orleans and practical. Collectible and consumable throws will be wildly desirable by Halloween parade goers – and better for the environment!
Krewe of BOO! Artistry
The beautifully horrific props and sculptures start with talented Kern artists, sketching creative images for the unique Krewe of BOO!
Once approved by Brian Kern’s discerning eye, the images “come to life” as 3-dimensional fiberglass or papier mache props that excite and frighten parade goers with their imaginative artistic style. Kern Studios is the premier float building organization in America, and the Kern quality rolls in celebrations throughout the world.
The thrill of riding amongst the monsters and eerie creatures in the Krewe of BOO is an exhilarating experience you’ll always remember.