Krewe of BOO!
The Official Halloween Parade
October 24, 2020
Through the French Quarter to the Warehouse District (see map)
Parade Rolls @ 6:30pm
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Family-friendly / Kid-friendly
Bring a shoulder bag to collect your throws!
Come see the Halloween-themed, Mardi Gras-style Krewe of BOO! Parade, a rolling party through the historic French Quarter!
Everyone is welcome to join the spooky festivities of the annual Krewe of BOO! Halloween Parade rolling through the heart of downtown New Orleans the weekend before Halloween weekend. Featuring 3-D fiberglass and papier-mâché extravaganza of werewolves, ghosts, vampires, and other Halloween-themed monsters, the Krewe of BOO! floats are very child-friendly, so bring the whole family! Costumes are encouraged, so parade-goers are welcome to wear your favorite family-friendly Halloween gear as you catch plenty of toys, candy, beads and Halloween-themed throws!
TIPS & TRICKS:
Krewe of BOO! Parade-goers Helpful Hints
Parade-watching is a time honored-tradition in New Orleans. Whether it's winter's Krewe of Kringle, spring's Carnival, or a jazz funeral's Second Line through the city, locals and visitors love to line up along the sidewalks and neutral grounds to see the parade passing by! Here are some recommendations on how to maximize the fun and stay safe:
• Paradegoers are encouraged to wear a costume. Dress to impress for early Halloween!
• Invite the whole family to watch the parade. The Krewe of BOO! is very child-friendly.
• We roll, rain or shine.
• Know the parade route and plan your transportation.
• Bag your swag! Bring a durable bag to collect what you catch like beads, cups, stuffed animals, and other free parade throws.
• Be crowd-savvy. Respect the police, the paraders, and be careful near the floats.
• Enjoy adult beverages but bring paper or plastic go-ups; no glass on the street.
• Assemble at Elysian Fields Avenue
• Parade Down Elysian Fields Avenue to North Peters Street
• North Peters Street to Decatur Street
• Decatur Street past Jackson Square to North Peters Street
• North Peters Street to Canal Street
• Up Canal Street to Burgundy Street then U-turn
• Down Canal Street to Tchoupitoulas Street
• Tchoupitoulas Street to Andrew Higgins Drive